If you are a technician/sales of LED video screens, it is necessary to know how much is the approx power consumption for each square meter, such as calculating the electricity cost for one large-format LED screen or decide the size of A/C power cable to connect AC 220V/380V…
Fixed power distributor for indoor & outdoor permanent installation led signsFixed power distributor for led screen billboardsMovable power distribution for stage led backgound screen leasing
Okay, what is the approx max power consumption for P10 indoor and outdoor led video walls? The following formula is the key to get the right figures.
Power consumption = Current (R*+G*+B*)/1000 x Voltage x (Pixel Density*/sqm) / (Scanning mode*)
R* is short for the red chip from SMD LED
G* is short for the green chip from SMD LED
B* is short for the blue chip from SMD LED
In this case, the maximum power consumption of P10 indoor LED video display is:
P1 = (20+12+12)mA/1000*5V*10000/8 =275Watt/m2
And the maximum power consumption of P10 outdoor LED video display is:
P2 = (20+20+20)mA/1000*5V*10000/4 =750Watt/m2
1. SMD is short for Surface Mounting Device and LED is short for Light Emitting Diode.
2. The working voltage range for SMD LEDs is from 4.2V-5V. For energy saving led screens, it adopts 4.2V power supply while normal led screens are working with 5V power supply.
3. Scanning mode is the way that LEDs work with a printed circuit board. Scanning mode for the same model can be the same or different if from different led screen manufacture.
4. The current for R/G/B chip is measure by milliampere.
5. Pixel density is the total quantity of LEDs used each square meter for a certain model.